Saturday, November 10, 2007

It's all perspective...


The other day at work a nurse wanted to see a picture of Taylor, so I go get some pics and as I am showing them to her another nurse peaks over my shoulder and says 'is he yours' and I don't know her that well but she is very nice and so I said 'yes he is, we actually adopted Taylor from China almost a year ago'. So then she kind of whispers to me, (with pity) 'oh, are you not able to have your own' and instead of giving the great response of 'he is our own', I said well we weren't able to have biological children so we adopted. Then she says that it could still happen for us, and she would pray for us. It was a weird moment because she felt sorry for me and I realized that my response did not make her realize she shouldn't. I don't fell cheated or like I've missed out AT ALL. I feel so blessed and I feel this is the path James and I are suppose to be on. I also feel that God put adoption in my heart a long time ago and whether or not we had biological children we would've still adopted at some point. The whole adoption process for us was beautiful and awesome and I can't wait to do it again! So hopefully I'll be prepared next time with a better response. After you've adopted you get so many comments and you aren't always prepared for what comes out of peoples mouths, so as time goes I am sure I will perfect my responses.

No comments: