Monday, November 5, 2007

A precious gift.....

We lived in Nashville until I was in 3rd grade at which time my parents got divorced and we moved south. I had a best friend that lived down the street. We were the same age and had so much fun playing and catching the bus together. We spent soooo much time together. My dad stayed in Nashville, in the same house, after the divorce. So when I would visit my dad of course I would get to see my friend. As we got older her parents would even let her come to our home about 80 miles away and visit and spend weekends. It was only in high-school when we both got serious boyfriends did the visits stop. My sister got married the summer I graduated from high-school and my friend came to the wedding. Little did I know that would be the last time I would see her. We both started college and life changed. She called me about 10 years ago to tell me that she was married with 1 child and living in Georgia. I have looked for her number and address for 10 years with no success. I looked for her parents, and nothing. My sister was shopping this past Sunday close to Nashville and was in the Gap store with her back to the entrance when my friend happened to be walking by that store and thought she recognized Traci and came in. Wow!! I mean it's amazing that they connected. She is now living only about 50 miles from me with her husband and 3 kids! I am sooooo thankful that I will be able to at least know whats going on in her life and know what her kiddos look like and who knows maybe we can rekindle such a precious friendship. I haven't seen her for 17 years and that is so hard to believe. I still want to believe I was just 18 like a couple of years ago.......not!

No comments: