Friday, January 11, 2008

A Healthy Beginning


So it's not a New Years Resolution just a decision to try to eat better. I, personally, have been pretty disgusted with myself for quite awhile. Before going to China last year I had gained probably 10lbs and then lost 5 in China but my metabolism and body has definitely changed. I have always had a very large mouth full of sweet 'tooth's', not just one sweet tooth if you know what I mean. I love potatoes, and corn and carbs carbs carbs!!!!!! I feel like my diet is not good for me and I don't want to be a bad example for Taylor. As you know if you are married and try to change and your spouse is not on board then it's doubly hard but James and I are finally on the same page. A few months ago we got off of Sun-drops, that in itself was a huge accomplishment. I swapped to one coke a day and James to Dr. Pepper. So yesterday I got on the Jenny Craig website and they had sample menu's and a sample grocery list and I thought, "I can do this!!" It really inspired me because anyone that knows me knows I am a grazer and the Jenny Craig recommended diet let's you eat breakfast at 7am, snack 10am, lunch 12, snack 3, supper 6 and snack 8pm. Now for me that is realistic.


So today for lunch, I had turkey and one slice of swiss on a whole wheat soft tortilla shell with water. For snack I had a protein bar and a cup of 1% milk (weaning myself down to fat free). Then for supper we had baked chicken marinara, with steamed asparagus, steamed zucchini and a side salad with feta cheese. Then my dessert which I am about to go eat is fat free vanilla pudding with 1/3 of banana sliced on top and 1 vanilla wafer crumbled on top. I also had water with my supper, which is a big change from my usual sweet tea and you know us southerners really like sweet sweet tea!




No comments: