Tuesday, June 24, 2008

learning to trust HIM

I love this picture in both color and b&w
(if you haven't used Picasa you should try it. You can change your pictures color and add edges, like in these two pics it's kind of a fuzzy edge and you can also make collages)

You know I just wanted to follow up on my post about God answering our prayers. He did answer our prayers and he did so very specifically.......BUT.....it was on HIS terms and it required that we take a leap of faith and trust HIM!! And I wish I could say that was easy to do but sometimes I have a hard time with that because I am such a planner.



Prior to reviewing any files we had created a check list of special needs that we were prepared for or open to. And when Erin called us on that day with a file to review it was of a special need that we had not put on our checklist. Our lil sis' sn is mild cerebral palsy and honestly when Erin said that it scared us to death. Before agreeing to review the file we googled it and read what we could. Then we agreed to review the file. God had sent us our sign but oh my did He throw a wrench into this whole decision!! I am type A, prepare, prepare, prepare....so I spent ALOT of time reading everything I could and honestly by decision time I was on information overload and exhausted. James on the other hand never had fear and said he was fine with mild cp and was ready to move forward. He is usually not so quick to make decisions. He was firm and confident. So you know by now that in the end we did make the decision to move forward with adopting lil sis and obviously we couldn't be more happy and more excited. Once we said yes I felt total peace with our decision.



What we do know about lil sis is that she has met alot of her milestones, which is a great sign. She can roll over, sit up by herself, grasp with both hands, can stand against her activity table, feed herself cracker or hold her own bottle. This was written about her when she was 10-12 months old. So the fact that she is doing all those things is great. If you would like to know more about mild cp this link gives a pretty short explanation http://www.cerebralpalsysource.com/Types_of_CP/mild_cp/index.html , just scroll down to where you see mild cp.



Of course we won't really know anything until we can get to her and get her back to the US to be evaluated. We will just continue to pray that she is being loved and nurtured until we can bring her home.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful boy!