Friday, June 20, 2008

One of those special moments...

James came into the kitchen yesterday morning as he was getting ready to leave for work and he is hugging me and singing some anniversary song and the whole time Taylor is in the kitchen with his pj's still on pushing his lawnmower around, "cutting the grass". Then Taylor says "whoo" (like I am tired), and he says "I go take showa" and he goes and stands in the corner and "washes off". I am so thankful to be a mama!! I am also so thankful that James and I just had our 15 year anniversary. I got so lucky when I met James. We are total opposites and I don't know how it would work any other way, because I need someone to balance me and he does.

We met with our SW yesterday on our anniversary, which gave us a excuse to go to Nashville and out to eat for our anniversary. We ended up at Carraba's, we had only been there once. It was a great dinner, our food was excellent. I'm not sure it was romantic but very good!! We dropped Taylor off at James parents house before we went and as we were leaving he says "don't be long Ma", "don't be long Ba". He also told us he missed us when we got back.

OK, I had to do it while we were out last night. I bought something for our baby girl. There are a couple of very nice consignment shops close to where we ate and actually I wanted to peak in to see if they had a play kitchen but while there I found a adorable little dress and shirt. I bought a 18 month, although today after studying her size I probably should've bought a 12 month, even though she will be 22-24 months when we get her. She is registering at about 5% on the US charts for weight and is not even on the US chart for height. On the Chinese growth charts she is only in the 25th percentile for both. So she is small. You wouldn't know it in her pictures because she has the chubbiest cheeks. Too cute.

We are hard at work getting paperwork done as fast as we can so we can bring her home as soon as we can!! I can't wait!

1 comment:

Lori Lynn said...

Congratulations on your new baby girl! Ours was really small too. Better that the dress be too large than too small.

Song is so adorable!

We just celebrated our 15th anniversary too!

Lori W