Thursday, August 21, 2008

Cardiac Follow-Up

Happy Birthday Daddy
Taylor came into the kitchen saying he is a robot!!

All went well....sort of. The cardiology appt was looong but good. She said Taylor's heart is beautiful and that he has no restrictions growing up at all. We also don't have to see them for 2-3 years and then it is only to educate Taylor as he grows about his heart and heart surgery. The news I was hoping not to get is that Taylor still has that one tiny stream that didn't close so he will always have to have a antibiotic before any dental cleanings or work. Hoping to get out of that one.



Urology doc says we have to go back in 6 months with the chance of needing one more tiny procedure....yuck!!! So again not exactly what I wanted to hear especially since we thought he would only need one urology surgery, now we've had two and possible a third. Poor little guy!



If I haven't mentioned it before Taylor gets carsick and so riding with him is not always fun because he gets fussy and then throws up. We made all the way to Vanderbilt (1.5 hours) and were in the parking garage and he puked and I wasn't ready. Luckily we did have a clean shirt. We have to always be prepared with this kid.



I know this post sounds kind of negative but after all that I took James out for a birthday lunch (he turned 37 on Tuesday) at Korea House and we had a fabulous lunch. Very fresh, well cooked Korean food...yummy!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy. Peanut has that small residual hole too. Hey.. what do you think about roller-coasters for them?? Something I need to ask the Dr.

Jennifer said...

April

If you see this, our doctor said no restrictions and there shouldn't be anything he couldn't do if he wanted to. He has ridden kiddie roller coasters but I never thought about it as he get's older.

I just saw your blog-5 more hours!!! I can't believe your going from one to 3!!! Yeah!
Jen

Laura (speaking for everyone!) said...

Tatum throws up at random as well- always whe you're not expecting it. Bigg kid puke is never a good thing. I'm glad his appts went pretty good. Hopefully, he won't need another surgery.