Tuesday, August 12, 2008

He's Playing Us

Man, Taylor has been playing his momma and daddy. So Taylor has been a very picky eater with his staples being rice and chicken. And let me clarify that one. Only canned chicken can go in the rice and chicken. I have tried to put baked chicken, grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, all chopped up very finely and he can taste the difference and tells me right away "yutty" and won't eat it. His other staples for dinner are rice and seaweed and pb&j. Now last year he was also eating corn on the cob, fish sticks, pizza, fried squash, and boiled eggs. And that was about it. Well this year we have slowly declined to the first three, rice/chicken, rice/seaweed, and pb&j. So you can imagine how frustrating that can be. You want your child to have good things to eat and they refuse everything. So since I never see his daycare provider, cause you know daddy takes and picks up and he is a guy so how much info do you think they exchange?? Exactly. So I email Ms. Cathy and this is the response I get back....

"He loves hot dogs, chicken, ham, turkey , hamburger any way and every fruit we have. He also loves corn and macaroni and cheese. He is not too big on any vegetable except green beans. We had watermelon one day this past week and he loved it but he didn't know what to think about the seeds."

I am like, who's kid is this???? My kid won't eat mac and cheese at home or any meat anywhere. Now he only goes to daycare 2-3 days per week, but my goodness. So we are starting to cut back on snacking and make him a plate like ours and I am trying to put one dish that I know he likes on his plate and we are making a little progress. I just can't believe it!! We've been played!! :))))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Isn't it amazing how quickly the learn to work us??