Monday, July 30, 2007

Birthday week...the beginning

Check out my new car! Thanks Ayi!
Olivia and Taylor

Introducing the Train Cake!!!
Check out Trey in the background cheesing it!
Princess Olivia
Precious Matthew


We had Taylor's birthday party with family today. It was a joint party with his cousin Olivia who just turned 7 today. Taylor's birthday is actually on Wednesday we will have a couple more celebrations before the week is out. Today we had pizza, water guns, water balloons, a slip and slide, and a pinata!! It was a lot of fun! I have very great memories of homemade cakes for my birthday as I was growing up. Not necessarily from scratch, but made with a Mother's love. I can remember a cake in the shape of a rabbit, since my birthday was always close to Easter, and it was decorated with jelly beans. So I had always kind of daydreamed of making my kids birthday cakes. Now I have to say I have never decorated a cake, don't have the correct tools, and am alot of times lacking in creativity. Never the less I researched cakes on the internet and decided I would make a train cake. I had so much fun and I think it turned out really well. Taylor really liked it and was excited about the 'choo choo tires' and .....and eating them.


We are excited to announce there is another new baby in the family. Our great nephew was born on Saturday and his name is Matthew. Check him out, he is adorable.


No comments: