Monday, July 2, 2007

Counting down....

Well it's been a few weeks since I posted. James and I had our 14th Anniversary in mid June and we actually snuck away for one night. It was the first time we left our little guy and it was tough, but we really needed it and we really had fun. I'm not even sure Taylor missed us, he had too much fun with Ayi. Oh and BTW we had a great, great meal!! We went to Shogun, which we've eaten at before (we love, love Japanese food not just love but love, love if you know what I mean), but we've never had their sushi, and it was some of the best sushi we've ever had. I just crave sushi and miss having a sushi restaurant that's close!!

Our computer has crashed and burned!!!! We are shopping for another one, but with heart surgery right around the corner, the timing is really bad!!

So, yes things are starting to get more stressful the closer we get to surgery!! One week from today. You can't help but think about it a little too much. But, at some point you just really have to put your trust in God and just turn everything over to Him and that's what I am doing. I have to!! I have been sooooo worried about getting bumped from the day we are scheduled to another day or week. It happens, when emergencies arise or if your child is sick, etc, ... it happens. So we are determined to do the best we can and keep Taylor healthy. So he's not going to daycare for about 2 weeks prior to surgery. No church the Sunday before. Trying to stay close to home. You get the picture. So much for all our efforts, this past weekend on Saturday we decided to go out to eat and then come back home. So James takes Taylor outside after we eat while I pay for the ticket and they wait on me. So we get in the car and have been in the car about 2 minutes and I turn around to see Taylor with red welps (sp?) all over him. I am thinking he has hives so we drive immediately to a Wal-mart for benadryl and I run in and James stays in the car with him. So while I am in Wal-mart James sees that there are mosquitos in the car (they must've followed us in from the restaurant), so he kills two and a third flies out. So by the next day we can tell they are indeed bites and Taylor happens to be extremely sensitive or allergic to them, so he has 15-20 huge bites that on Sunday are all swollen, with fever in them and are just pitiful. So during the night on Sunday he scratches them all and now today they all have scabs on the. So I carry him to the doctor this morning just begging for anything to make them heal by Friday, which is when our preop appt is, because if they saw him today I know they wouldn't let us go through with surgery as scheduled. They would want them to be healed. So we started a steriod and a antibiotic and are now praying that Taylor's bug bites are healed by Friday!! My biggest issue with being bumped is I already have vacation time in and someone to work it and I don't have alot of extra time to use later if we need to move the surgery. But it will work out, I know it will!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennifer,

You and Taylor are in our thoughts! We are praying for a smooth and easy procedure!

April