Wednesday, October 1, 2008

helping the slow moving train

So when you do adoption paperwork everything has to be notarized or certified. Then before sending it to the country that you are adopting from you have to have the notaries certified at the courthouse or county clerks office in the county that the notary is registered. Then you have to take those and go to the Secretary of State's office and have every document authenticated. So today I had to go to our local courthouse then take Taylor to speech, then go to Nashville to the county clerks office and then head downtown to the Secretary of States office and then I still had time to get it fedexed back to my dossier consultant and so I stopped at the Franklin fedex and sent it back. Now it has to go through the consulate and the China consulate.....I think and my dossier consultant will handle that. Only after that is complete can we finally send our dossier to China. My dossier consultant could've handled the county and state part but knowing I could do it all in a day and have it back to her the next instead of maybe taking her a couple of weeks to send it to one place and then wait for it to come back and then send it to another.....I just couldn't waste all that time. There is very little control that you have in your adoption as far as the timeline so any chance I have to do something I do it. It makes me feel good and somewhat productive and somewhat helpful in getting to China quicker. I can't believe it is October and I know we will have her in our arms before we know it....I just can't wait!!

2 comments:

Barbie said...

You are getting so close! I did the same thing. I walked our paperwork to the SOS and then sent it to our consultant. Hey, anything to shorten the wait even if it is just a couple of days!

Randy Gottlieb said...

Hey! The paperwork wait is so frustrating, but I"m glad to here it's moving along. You guys will be over here soon! It's strage how much has changed. We spent most of today on Shamian Island, and a lot of shops have closed down. We only saw a couple of adoptive families at all. We miss you guys!
Hugs,
Katie