Tuesday, November 18, 2008

fundraiser update

So I mentioned that we were hosting a fundraiser to support a orphans surgery through Love Without Boundaries.....well guess what, we made the front page news!! Can you believe that. Of course it is a small newspaper and a small town, but still.

Here is a link http://www.gilesnews.us/Stories/081114ForTheLoveAspecialNeedsChild.html

Things are going well. I ended up getting 10 turkeys donated and today I asked a local restaurant about helping to cook some and they said they would cook ALL!! That is awesome and such a load off of me. James and I are doing all the dressing, but I plan to get that done on Friday. We have so much to do but I am so excited and it has been alot of fun and I think we are on track to make atleast $2,000 and of course I am praying for more. Send your prayers our way for a successful fundraiser for LWB!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

WOW! Jennifer, that was awesome for your local paper to do a front page story. I pray God will bless your efforts in abundance and bring in every penny needed for the little one you are supporting! I cannot say enough good things about LWB and the work they do for China's precious special needs children.

Randy Gottlieb said...

I'm so proud of you guys. That's wonderful!
Hugs,
Katie