Sunday, November 23, 2008

Pooped....for a good cause!

What a weekend. I need a break to get over it. Friday was crazy, crazy getting ready for our fundraiser on Saturday. I had so much to do but with Taylor in tow it increased my stress level and his. To top it off, I woke up with a fever and by Friday night I had lost my voice from all the coughing and congestion. So Saturday I woke up feeling better and had help. James and my sister, Traci. We worked literally from 8am until we all got home probably at 8p that night. The dinner went great. We ended up cooking 15 turkeys. We had 183 people come to the dinner, we sold more than 220 tickets. It was very stressful not knowing if you will have enough food and running out of green beans and rushing to get more. I used to think catering would be fun......HA!! We worked our tails off!!! My body hurt so bad and we were all so exhausted that none of us even slept good. The silent auction was fun and raised a little over $400. So drum roll please.............. our grand total unofficially, because we are still getting in some donations is $3200. How awesome is that!!! We may be able to help more than one child with surgery. We hope to close out all our auction sales and have it all sent in on Wednesday. Check out the LWB website for the kids that are awaiting surgery right now
http://www.lovewithoutboundaries.com/medical_sponsor_child.cfm

The one thing we did not do was take our camera.....so no pictures but it was great. We even set up a adoption info table. I used Taylor's 100 Good Wishes Quilt as the table cloth and had up the before and after pictures of the kids that parents had sent them and some powerful other stuff, but you can't see it cause we forgot to take pictures, you'll just have to take my word for it. Awesome stuff and very humbling to see all the people and friends that came out to support this event. My body might be tired but my heart is full :))

No comments: