Sunday, March 22, 2009

Guangzhou day 2

No pictures today...I am so tired...so I am going to bed soon. It's only 8:20 and I've already slept through a movie the kids were watching. Today was a better day. Yesterday was a little hard on Rachel, which made it hard on us. I think with the all the changes, of hotel rooms, new faces and all that, she was out of sorts. Today especially this evening she seems to be happier. Today James got a haircut, we found this little barber shop, no one could speak English, he just showed her Taylors hair and she gave James a cut. We went with the group to the electronic market, basically a big mall with all electronics and bought dvd's. We bought 15 dvd's for 140 yuan and I haven't done the math yet, but 65 yuan is $10, so it was roughly low 20's. We spent $15 for the ride over, so I figure for less than $40 we got 15 dvd's, not bad. They are basically all kid movies, so tonight we watched Madagascar 2 and Bolt. Rachel became more talkative than we have seen during the movies. She was making all kinds of noises, it was cute. Tonight we had Thai food and it was delicious, and for lunch Sub-way which was so-so, not quite the same, but OK. Our poor Rachel has to get immunization shots before we can leave the country and they are doing them all tomorrow morning at 8am and it seems she is behind, so we are expecting 4 or 5 shots all at once.....I am dreading it so bad!! We have no choice in the matter but I am not going to be a happy momma!! I have basically not been able to do any shopping, since I have a fussy 23 month old attached to me at all times while we are out, so I am planning on shopping at naptime tomorrow and hopefully I will be able to show off my finds in tomorrows post! Good night for now. Please pray for Rachel for tomorrow, poor thing! Only 4 more nights and we can come home, we are definitely ready to be in our home!

1 comment:

paul-and-lori said...

We will be praying for Rachel and for continued strength for you and your family!
Lori King