Monday, March 16, 2009

Nanjing Day 2-We have Rachel!!

So today was the big day!! We didn't leave to go to the civil affairs office until 1:30pm so we had all morning to hang out. When we got there we found a scared Miss Rachel who doesn't like being approached by strangers, not even other kids she doesn't know. We also found out she is a sick little girl. She had a fever there and she is very congested. Poor thing, it's no telling what her fever was and they had her under 2 very thick layers of clothes for tops and bottoms, and the high was in the 60's today and sunny. If we went close she cried so we just let the nanny mainly comfort her until it was time for them to go. She cried until we got in the van and really very little since.


In our last update, we were told she wasn't walking yet but she is now.
Sick baby with a fever....waiting for the Tylenol to kick in.







Feeling better, feeding mama nila wafers and my first kind of grin at daddy. Oh and now for a bigger grin. She likes playing with daddy! From the time we got her until probably 7 or 7:30 I couldn't put her down. Then she went to James and she didn't want me anymore. Poor Taylor has tried really hard to play with her and do different things and she has wanted no part of it. Hopefully that will get better in the next few days. He was asleep when we got to see her playing and starting to laugh, then after he woke up she started with the temp again. We have given, Tylenol twice, started the antibiotic and mucinex. She is a sick little girl. The first medicine we tried to give she literally looked up at me and spit it in my face. I would say she is a fighter!! She was like who is this white woman coming at me with this syringe full of yuck....poor thing!








Actually getting some hoarse little laughs right here.
The nannies laughed when I asked to describe her personality. Some of the words they used were spicy, independent, very smart, spoiled, strong willed, knows what she wants, doesn't ever want to share, has some of the other kids afraid of her and they won't try to take her stuff. So it's sounds like in Taylor we got our little James, and I am afraid with Rachel we got our little Jennifer.....let's hope James can handle two of us!!! James' mom always talks about what a good boy James was when he was little and of course still is and my family seemed to say I was spoiled being the little sis and I through tantrums when I didn't get my way and yes stubborn too.
Also, we have tried congee, water, rice cereal, formula and cereal mixed, all things they said she normally would eat and we tried at her scheduled times and she wanted none of it. She did eat cheerios and nila wafers. When we walked into civil affairs she had half a cucumber in her hand and carried it around until I finally took it after 8pm. OK everyone just got to sleep and I am heading that way. Please keep Rachel in your prayers that she improves and gets well.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! Congrats!! She is just beautiful!

kim said...

Congratulations! She's so cute. I'm happy she's smiling so quick. Thanks for sharing your story with us! We're anxiously waiting for our LOA through the same agency and your site is an inspiration to us!

Lori Lynn said...

Woo Hoo! So happy to see you cross this major milestone. She is adorable and here's wishing her a speedy recovery. Once she learns what a sweeting Taylor is, she'll be wrapping him around her finger.

Lori

Laura (speaking for everyone!) said...

Congratulations!!!! I know that ya'll are beside yourself with happiness! I hope sweet Rachel feels better- maybe she just needed her mommy!

Barbie said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! She is finally in her mommy's arms! She is so adorable. Love the smiles for daddy!

MrsHonea said...

OH I'm so glad you finally have Rachel in your arms. I hate that she's sick, but this may be a blessing in disguise considering how afraid she is of strangers. Everybody needs to be held and cuddled when they're sick, so this may be the "help" she needed to allow the bonding process to begin. I hope she gets better soon though and that she and Taylor will be playing hard in no time at all! Praise God!!